- Union Tough Out Second Straight Win Against FirePosted 7 hours ago
- Match Preview: Philadelphia Union vs. Chicago Fire, IIPosted 2 days ago
- Donovan, Galaxy Embarrass Union 4-1Posted 3 days ago
- BREAKING: Union Trade Gabriel Farfan to Chivas USAPosted 5 days ago
- McNabb to Retire as an EaglePosted 5 days ago
- Phillies Week 6 in ReviewPosted 6 days ago
- Desert StormPosted 6 days ago
- Zac MacMath Leads Union to 1-0 Win Over FirePosted 8 days ago
- Match Preview: Philadelphia Union vs. Chicago FirePosted 9 days ago
- Felix Jones visits Philadelphia Eagles for a workoutPosted 11 days ago
2013 Whitman’s Sampler Independence Classic Recap
- Updated: March 12, 2013
Chester PA- On Saturday March 9 from PPL Park in Chester PA, College Lacrosse took center stage as the first annual Whitman’s Sampler Independence Classic took place with a triple header of Lacrosse action. The match-ups were St John’s Redstorm vs Syracuse Orangemen, Villanova Wildcats vs Penn Quakers & Penn State Nitty Lions vs Leigh Mountain Hawks. The games were Broadcast nationally on ESPN3. The first game was St John’s taking on Syracuse. The first goal of game came from Syracuse Luke Cometti late in the first quarter, St John’s first goal also came late in the first quarter by Colin Keegan, both teams trade goals in the second quarter, Syracuse took a 7-4 lead into halftime, Both teams would trade goals in the second half and Syracuse would hold on to a 13-11 win, Syracuse Derek Maltz scored hat trick, St John’s Kieran Mcardle had 4 goals.
The second game of Whitman’s Sampler Independence Classic was Villanova Wildcats taking on the Penn Quakers. The first goal of the game came from Villanova Max Hart. Penn first Goal also came in the first quarter by Zack Losco, both teams traded goals in the second quarter. Villanova took a 5-3 lead into halftime. In the second half, Penn took over & Penn would hold on to a 13-9 win over Villanova. Villanova Max Hart had 4 goals, Penn had three players who had Hat Tricks, they were Zack Losco, Isaac Bock & Nick Doktor.
The Final game of Whitman’s Sampler Independence Classic was Penn State vs Lehigh. The first goal of game goes to Penn State Erik Myers, Leigh first goal came from Dante Fantoni, Lehigh was take over in the second quarter & Lehigh Dan Taylor had a sick goal scoring behind the back in the 2nd qtr and would take a 5-1 lead into Halftime, Penn State came out in the third to tie the game at 6 going into the fourth Quarter, Both teams trade goals in 4th, Lehigh would hold on for a 12-10 win over Penn State. Penn State Tj Sanders scored 5 goals in the game, Lehigh had 2 players who scored hat tricks they were Dante Fantoni & Patrick Corbett.
There was is 5,2,12 in attendince at PPL Park for the 1st Annual Whitman’s Sampler Independence Classic,