Huawei to launch 5G foldable handset at MWC

Adjust Comment Print

"Given that, we have chose to pause further Huawei in our core whilst we engage with the various agencies and governments and Huawei just to finalise the situation, of which I feel Huawei is really open and working hard", he said after Vodafone reported third-quarter numbers.

At an event in Beijing on Thursday, the Chinese giant said it is the world's first chipset to support both standalone and non-standalone 5G, and can also support. Huawei has denied the allegations.

"We have made a decision to pause further Huawei in our core whilst we engage with the various agencies and governments and Huawei just to finalize the situation, of which I feel Huawei is really open and working hard", Read said. This runs contrary to the approach taken by the U.S., Australia and New Zealand, who have banned even those uses for Huawei equipment.

Yu said Huawei will launch the foldable phone at the Mobile World Congress next month with sales beginning in April at the earliest.

The move by Vodafone follows a decision by BT Group Plc to rip Huawei gear out of the backbone of its United Kingdom mobile network.

Huawei, the world's biggest producer of telecom network gear, is facing increasing scrutiny in Europe over concerns about its technology.

Trump delays State of the Union speech during USA government shutdown
He and four other former DHS secretaries wrote a letter to Congress and the president urging them to end the shutdown . Trump told reporters Wednesday the speech had been canceled because Pelosi "doesn't want to hear the truth".

Canadian envoy to China John McCallum also stated that the Huawei CFO had "quite good arguments on her side", namely the "political involvement by comments from Donald Trump in her case".

Any bans on Huawei would have a "significant implication" for European carriers' costs as they roll out 5G and create "significant delay", Read said on a call with reporters Friday.

"At present, we are not accepting new donations from Huawei in light of public concerns", the Prince's Trust said in a statement.

Analysts had expected growth of 0.3 per cent and the stock fell to its lowest level since July 2010 after the update, trading down 2.9 per cent at 140 pence at 1245 GMT.

Vodafone said competition in the Spanish and Italian markets had moderated through the quarter.

Comments