- Michael Phelps Not planning a comeback for the 2016 summer gamesPosted 3 days ago
- Late Magic Wins Series for the PhilliesPosted 3 days ago
- Phillies Week 7 In ReviewPosted 3 days ago
- Union Tough Out Second Straight Win Against FirePosted 4 days ago
- Match Preview: Philadelphia Union vs. Chicago Fire, IIPosted 5 days ago
- Donovan, Galaxy Embarrass Union 4-1Posted 7 days ago
- BREAKING: Union Trade Gabriel Farfan to Chivas USAPosted 8 days ago
- McNabb to Retire as an EaglePosted 9 days ago
- Phillies Week 6 in ReviewPosted 10 days ago
- Desert StormPosted 10 days ago
Carli Lloyd on playing Germany in Hartford
- Updated: October 23, 2012
The US Women’s National Team will face Germany for the second time with in a week Tuesday at 7:30 PM ET on NBC Sports Network . The match will be played in Hartford at the University of Connecticut’s Rentschler Field. The stadium holds 40,000 and it is sure to have a large crowd as the gold medal team continues their ‘Victory Tour’. I had a chance Monday to speak with Carli Lloyd, who scored both goals for the USA in their 2-1 win over Japan in the gold medal game during the Olympics.
Carli Lloyd: Germany is very organized. They condense the field a lot and clog the middle. They are strong and like to combine with one another and serve balls in from the flank.
Carli Lloyd: I thought the Big East conference was such a strong conference when I played. It has changed a lot now but enjoy seeing it grow. I am looking forward to playing at UCONN in front of a great crowd!
Location:Rentschler Field; East Hartford, Conn.
Match: U.S. Women’s National Team – Germany
Kickoff: 7:30 p.m. ET