- N. Dakota St. claims Summit title, NCAA bid
- No. 23 DePaul takes Big East over St. John’s
- Zags hold off BYU comeback, win WCC title
- No. 18 Gonzaga shuts down BYU for WCC title
- Mount St. Mary’s (16-16) clinches NCAA bid
- Milwaukee wins Horizon title to reach tourney
- Loyola Marymount parts ways with coach Good
- Penn ends Princeton’s Ivy League title run
- FIU’s Coley surpasses 3,000-point career mark
- South Dakota tops Denver for 1st NCAA berth
Carli Lloyd on playing Germany in Hartford
- Updated: October 23, 2012
The US Women’s National Team will face Germany for the second time with in a week Tuesday at 7:30 PM ET on NBC Sports Network . The match will be played in Hartford at the University of Connecticut’s Rentschler Field. The stadium holds 40,000 and it is sure to have a large crowd as the gold medal team continues their ‘Victory Tour’. I had a chance Monday to speak with Carli Lloyd, who scored both goals for the USA in their 2-1 win over Japan in the gold medal game during the Olympics.
Carli Lloyd: Germany is very organized. They condense the field a lot and clog the middle. They are strong and like to combine with one another and serve balls in from the flank.
Carli Lloyd: I thought the Big East conference was such a strong conference when I played. It has changed a lot now but enjoy seeing it grow. I am looking forward to playing at UCONN in front of a great crowd!
Location:Rentschler Field; East Hartford, Conn.
Match: U.S. Women’s National Team – Germany
Kickoff: 7:30 p.m. ET