- Ejim chosen over Wiggins as Big 12′s POY
- Self ‘confident’ Embiid will play despite back
- SOG: 2014 Algarve Cup USWNT v Sweden 03/07/2014
- Cuse closes regular season with rout of FSU
- TSD Podcast Episode 57: No New Jersey
- No. 2 ND routs No. 10 Duke, earns ACC title
- USC holds off Oregon St. for 1st Pac-12 title
- Stanford hires Texas’ Akina as secondary coach
- Saint Louis captures 2nd straight A-10 title
- Nebraska upsets ninth-ranked Wisconsin
Friday Night Lights: Cheltenham trounces Upper Dublin 28-7
- Updated: October 8, 2012
Senior back Mark Thompson propelled the Cheltenham offense past Upper Dublin Friday night in a Suburban One American Conference match up. Cheltenham lit up an already illuminated night sky with 4 touchdowns on the night. Thompson contributed two on the ground, while quarterback/defensive back Hyneef Dockery rushed for a score, and returned an interception 43 yards for a TD.
An electric first half by Cheltenham’s offense was backed by an outstanding defensive performance, holding Upper Dublin to just 69 yards in the first half. The Cardinals finally got on the board on the last play in regulation, as back up quarterback Matt Thompson targeted receiver Ryan Donacie in the back of the endzone, converting a 29 yard pass play.
As mentioned, Cheltenham was led by Thompson, who rushed for 108 yards and a touchdown on 18 carries. Dockery finished 6 for 12 in the air, totaling 94 yards and a score. Upper Dublin’s Khalid Weems totaled a team high 53 rushing and 19 receiving yards in the loss.
The next tour stop will be on October 12, 2012 when Vineland High School will face Lower Cape May Regional High School at 7:00pm.
For more information or game day photos, check out the Friday Night Light’s Tour.