- PSL Five: Previewing Union vs. ImpactPosted 19 hours ago
- Bakary Soumaré Traded to FirePosted 2 days ago
- Michael Phelps Not planning a comeback for the 2016 summer gamesPosted 5 days ago
- Late Magic Wins Series for the PhilliesPosted 5 days ago
- Phillies Week 7 In ReviewPosted 5 days ago
- Union Tough Out Second Straight Win Against FirePosted 6 days ago
- Match Preview: Philadelphia Union vs. Chicago Fire, IIPosted 8 days ago
- Donovan, Galaxy Embarrass Union 4-1Posted 9 days ago
- BREAKING: Union Trade Gabriel Farfan to Chivas USAPosted 11 days ago
- McNabb to Retire as an EaglePosted 11 days ago
Chicago Bears Fan Stabbed to Death in Jacksonville
- Updated: October 8, 2012
A Chicago Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville over the weekend to watch the Jaguars-Bears game was killed in a bar stabbing, according to Jacksonville police.
According to the Florida Times-Union, William C. “Chris” Pettry, 42 died after being stabbed inside a Fionn MacCools, an Irish-themed restaurant in a downtown mall. The police arrested a Jacksonville resident and placed him in jail on a murder charge.
Reports say the stabbing came after Pettry was “involved in a disturbance with two other subjects.” The bar was located near a hotel that Bears fans took over as they traveled to Jacksonville.
The man accused of killing a Bears fan in a Jacksonville, Fla. restaurant was seen by witnesses cutting William Pettry’s throat before he “calmly walked” out to his car, police said this morning.
Matthew Hinson, 27, “placed the bloody knife in his pocket and walked out of the restaurant” early Sunday morning, the Jacksonville County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement. “Eyewitnesses gave detailed accounts of the incident. Each described how the suspect cut the victim and calmly walked out of the establishment.”
This might be the most publicity the Jacksonville Jaguars get all season.