- Michael Phelps Not planning a comeback for the 2016 summer gamesPosted 6 hours ago
- Late Magic Wins Series for the PhilliesPosted 6 hours ago
- Phillies Week 7 In ReviewPosted 6 hours ago
- Union Tough Out Second Straight Win Against FirePosted 2 days ago
- Match Preview: Philadelphia Union vs. Chicago Fire, IIPosted 3 days ago
- Donovan, Galaxy Embarrass Union 4-1Posted 4 days ago
- BREAKING: Union Trade Gabriel Farfan to Chivas USAPosted 6 days ago
- McNabb to Retire as an EaglePosted 6 days ago
- Phillies Week 6 in ReviewPosted 8 days ago
- Desert StormPosted 8 days ago
Frank Lampard to LA Galaxy
- Updated: January 18, 2013
Chelsea mid fielder Frank Lampard will to join the LA Galaxy on a free transfer after Chelsea’s season finishes in June, says a source close to Chelsea. Many sources close to Lampard’s agent say, “It’s all but done.” Neither LA or Chelsea have confirmed the deal. Thursday afternoon at the MLS SuperDraft, Galaxy head coach Bruce Arena publicly acknowledged interest in Lampard.
During the summer, Chelsea was in North America touring and preparing for the upcoming EPL 12/13 season, with warm-up matches against MLS sides, including a match at PPL Park against the MLS All-Stars. After Chelsea lost 3-2 to the MLS All-Stars in Philadelphia, I had a chance to ask Lampard about playing in MLS. It was something he wouldn’t rule out and he saw the success David Beckham had. He said he would not be opposed to playing here and it did interest him. Lampard also expressed that he prefers playing in the heat we have here during the summers.
At 34, playing in the heat may be the best thing for his body, and the season isn’t as demanding as the cold rainy winters of the English leagues. Chelsea (Editors Note: Not so much. They have been actively trying to get rid of him) and the EPL will surely miss one the greatest scoring mid fielders to play the game. The Galaxy and MLS fans however will more than likely embrace Lampard with open arms. Lampard is known to be a class act and play at top every time he steps on the pitch.
Sources: Yahoo! Sports and Goal.com
Photo courtesy of the Telegraph UK