- Michael Phelps Not planning a comeback for the 2016 summer gamesPosted 3 days ago
- Late Magic Wins Series for the PhilliesPosted 3 days ago
- Phillies Week 7 In ReviewPosted 3 days ago
- Union Tough Out Second Straight Win Against FirePosted 4 days ago
- Match Preview: Philadelphia Union vs. Chicago Fire, IIPosted 6 days ago
- Donovan, Galaxy Embarrass Union 4-1Posted 7 days ago
- BREAKING: Union Trade Gabriel Farfan to Chivas USAPosted 9 days ago
- McNabb to Retire as an EaglePosted 9 days ago
- Phillies Week 6 in ReviewPosted 11 days ago
- Desert StormPosted 11 days ago
Freddy Galvis Juiced: 50 Game Suspension!
- Updated: June 20, 2012
Philadelphia Phillies rookie infielder Freddy Galvis was suspended 50 games by Major League Baseball on Tuesday for testing positive for a banned substance.
Galvis is currently on the disabled list with a back injury and will begin serving his suspension immediately. MLB said Galvis tested positive for a metabolite of Clostebol, a performance-enhancing substance.
Here is what Freddy had to say:
I have not and never would knowingly use anything illegal to enhance my performance. I have always tried to follow the team’s strength and conditioning methods, listen to the trainers, work out hard and eat right. Unfortunately, the rules are the rules and I will be suspended