- Chase Utley at the Bat
- Week 3 In Review
- Phillies Offense Continue to Struggle
- Phillies Lose, But You Got to Love that Cliff Lee
- Two Old Favorites Off to Good Starts
- Utley Wins It Late for Phillies
- Ghost Town
- Rollins Dinger Saved the Day in Extras
- Week 2 In Review
- Phillies Beat Up a Cy Young Front Runner
Freddy Galvis Juiced: 50 Game Suspension!
- Updated: June 20, 2012
Philadelphia Phillies rookie infielder Freddy Galvis was suspended 50 games by Major League Baseball on Tuesday for testing positive for a banned substance.
Galvis is currently on the disabled list with a back injury and will begin serving his suspension immediately. MLB said Galvis tested positive for a metabolite of Clostebol, a performance-enhancing substance.
Here is what Freddy had to say:
I have not and never would knowingly use anything illegal to enhance my performance. I have always tried to follow the team’s strength and conditioning methods, listen to the trainers, work out hard and eat right. Unfortunately, the rules are the rules and I will be suspended