- Union Tough Out Second Straight Win Against FirePosted 16 hours ago
- Match Preview: Philadelphia Union vs. Chicago Fire, IIPosted 2 days ago
- Donovan, Galaxy Embarrass Union 4-1Posted 3 days ago
- BREAKING: Union Trade Gabriel Farfan to Chivas USAPosted 5 days ago
- McNabb to Retire as an EaglePosted 5 days ago
- Phillies Week 6 in ReviewPosted 7 days ago
- Desert StormPosted 7 days ago
- Zac MacMath Leads Union to 1-0 Win Over FirePosted 8 days ago
- Match Preview: Philadelphia Union vs. Chicago FirePosted 9 days ago
- Felix Jones visits Philadelphia Eagles for a workoutPosted 11 days ago
Hamels Gets 2nd Straight Shutout, Playoffs?
- Updated: August 14, 2012
The Phillies have 47 games to play and seven series against teams with winnings records.
They might not have a shot at the postseason, but maybe they can keep things interesting and play spoiler. It might give a team a sinking feeling with a division title on the line and Cole Hamels scheduled to face them. He has been on a roll lately, throwing his second consecutive shutout in Monday’s 4-0 victory over the Miami Marlins at Marlins Park.
Hamels became the first Phillies pitcher to throw consecutive shutouts since Cliff Lee threw three straight in June 2011, and just the third Phillies pitcher in the last 20 seasons to accomplish the feat (Cory Lidle threw consecutive shutouts in 2004).
Hamels improved to 13-6 with a 2.91 ERA.