- Red & Blue Hate Yellow: S3, EP. 2
- Vandy hires Utah St.’s Maile as D-line coach
- South Dakota tops Denver for 1st NCAA berth
- Tennessee State fires coach after 5-25 season
- UNC Wilmington fires Peterson after 4 seasons
- Selection committee to monitor Embiid injury
- Florida banged up entering spring practice
- Warren tops Parker for ACC player of year
- Orr out following 7 seasons at Bowling Green
- S. Dakota fires interim hoops coach James
High school basketball player with Down Syndrome hits 3-pointer
- Updated: December 7, 2012
Scotty Lubkeman, Golden High School (Colorado) basketball team was playing D’Evelyn last weekend. With 4 seconds remaining, coach John Anderson got him in the game. The team pushed the ball up when Scotty stepped up and fired a three.
“We love Scotty,” said senior Nolan Holmes. “We have been teammates since our freshman year, so we have really grown up together. The biggest thing for us is he can really shoot the ball, so we we’re glad he got in a varsity game and hit the big three-pointer.”
It is always great to here a good sports story, once in a while…What an inspiration!