- Powerful, Fast and Reliable Internet for All Students in the Home
- Wayne Simmonds on Flyers: We don’t want ‘repeat of last year’ (Puck Daddy)
- Phillies Minor League review, Aug. 17-23
- Puck Daddy’s Summer Series: The St. Louis Blues from A to Z (Puck Daddy)
- Phils have nothing to show for crushing All-Star arms
Hostess Brands Done For Good. No More Twinkies!
- Updated: November 16, 2012
Hostess, the maker of such iconic baked goods as Twinkies, Devil Dogs and Wonder Bread — announced Friday that it is asking a federal bankruptcy court for permission to close its operations, blaming a strike by bakers protesting a new contract imposed on them.
The closing will result in Hostess’ nearly 18,500 workers losing their jobs as the company shuts 33 bakeries and 565 distribution centers nationwide. The bakers’ union represents around 5,000.
The Northeast Philadelphia plant will put over 300 employees out of work with its closing. Could you imagine a world without Twinkies! Today is a sad day in America, lets pay tribute to the best Twinkies commercial.