- Chase Utley at the Bat
- Week 3 In Review
- Phillies Offense Continue to Struggle
- Phillies Lose, But You Got to Love that Cliff Lee
- Two Old Favorites Off to Good Starts
- Utley Wins It Late for Phillies
- Ghost Town
- Rollins Dinger Saved the Day in Extras
- Week 2 In Review
- Phillies Beat Up a Cy Young Front Runner
Hostess Brands Done For Good. No More Twinkies!
- Updated: November 16, 2012
Hostess, the maker of such iconic baked goods as Twinkies, Devil Dogs and Wonder Bread — announced Friday that it is asking a federal bankruptcy court for permission to close its operations, blaming a strike by bakers protesting a new contract imposed on them.
The closing will result in Hostess’ nearly 18,500 workers losing their jobs as the company shuts 33 bakeries and 565 distribution centers nationwide. The bakers’ union represents around 5,000.
The Northeast Philadelphia plant will put over 300 employees out of work with its closing. Could you imagine a world without Twinkies! Today is a sad day in America, lets pay tribute to the best Twinkies commercial.