- Michael Phelps Not planning a comeback for the 2016 summer gamesPosted 2 days ago
- Late Magic Wins Series for the PhilliesPosted 2 days ago
- Phillies Week 7 In ReviewPosted 2 days ago
- Union Tough Out Second Straight Win Against FirePosted 3 days ago
- Match Preview: Philadelphia Union vs. Chicago Fire, IIPosted 4 days ago
- Donovan, Galaxy Embarrass Union 4-1Posted 5 days ago
- BREAKING: Union Trade Gabriel Farfan to Chivas USAPosted 7 days ago
- McNabb to Retire as an EaglePosted 8 days ago
- Phillies Week 6 in ReviewPosted 9 days ago
- Desert StormPosted 9 days ago
Hostess Brands Done For Good. No More Twinkies!
- Updated: November 16, 2012
Hostess, the maker of such iconic baked goods as Twinkies, Devil Dogs and Wonder Bread — announced Friday that it is asking a federal bankruptcy court for permission to close its operations, blaming a strike by bakers protesting a new contract imposed on them.
The closing will result in Hostess’ nearly 18,500 workers losing their jobs as the company shuts 33 bakeries and 565 distribution centers nationwide. The bakers’ union represents around 5,000.
The Northeast Philadelphia plant will put over 300 employees out of work with its closing. Could you imagine a world without Twinkies! Today is a sad day in America, lets pay tribute to the best Twinkies commercial.