- Smart move? Iowa St. fans tease star, ‘flop’
- WVU overcomes Wiggins’ 41 to stun Kansas
- Kentucky downs S. Carolina to reach SEC final
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- McDermott among Wooden Award finalists
- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
- No. 13 UNC tops No. 8 Terps in ACC tourney
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Winthrop upsets High Point with last-second 3
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
Hostess Brands Done For Good. No More Twinkies!
- Updated: November 16, 2012
Hostess, the maker of such iconic baked goods as Twinkies, Devil Dogs and Wonder Bread — announced Friday that it is asking a federal bankruptcy court for permission to close its operations, blaming a strike by bakers protesting a new contract imposed on them.
The closing will result in Hostess’ nearly 18,500 workers losing their jobs as the company shuts 33 bakeries and 565 distribution centers nationwide. The bakers’ union represents around 5,000.
The Northeast Philadelphia plant will put over 300 employees out of work with its closing. Could you imagine a world without Twinkies! Today is a sad day in America, lets pay tribute to the best Twinkies commercial.