- No. 2 ND routs No. 10 Duke, earns ACC title
- DePaul routs Georgetown in Big East quarters
- Kansas St. fires Patterson after 11-19 season
- Ohio St. pulls away late, edges Michigan St.
- Winthrop earns school’s first Big South title
- Davis, Sims help Baylor reach Big 12 final
- Lady Vols knock off UK in SEC tourney final
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- MLS Weekend Rewind: Sounders Edge SKC, Red Bulls Fall Flat
- Mercer clinches 1st NCAA berth since 1985
Is Freddy Adu On the Move to Brazil?
- Updated: March 15, 2013
Finally…MLS and Soccer by Ives are both reporting that Freddy Adu’s troubled time in Philly could possibly be coming to an end. Adu is reportedly close to sealing a deal with Brazilian side Bahia, a top team in Brazil’s Serie A. Along with the great technical ability that comes out of the birthplace of soccer, Serie A is also doing very well for itself financially, so Adu is likely to get a decent salary.
If Freddy is in fact moving, it does a lot to help the Union financially. They would no longer be burdened with Adu’s rather large salary, and it would also free up a much needed DP spot.
For Adu, the move presents him with a breath of fresh air and yet another new start with a team. While Freddy showed spots of brightness in his year and half with the Union, he didn’t end up fitting into John Hackworth’s plans. In just a season and a half, Freddy made 35 appearances and scored seven goals.
Stay tuned to the PSL Soccer Desk as we receive more information on Adu’s move to Brazil.