- Cottage Talk Extra Time: (Cardiff City vs. Fulham)
- SOG: 2014 Algarve Cup USWNT v Denmark
- Legends hosts: Nova, Michigan, VCU, Oregon
- Johnson, Sims lead Baylor to Big 12 title
- No. 23 DePaul advances to Big East title game
- Wofford captures SoCon, returns to tourney
- No. 1 UConn routs Louisville to win AAC title
- Embiid (back) could be out until mid-NCAAs
- Chattanooga tops Davidson for SoCon title
- Manhattan wins MAAC, punches NCAA ticket
Jack McInerney Makes Final Gold Cup Roster
- Updated: June 25, 2013
The Philadelphia Union’s own Jack McInerney has been named to the final 2013 Gold Cup roster. This doesn’t come as much of a surprise, as the 20 year old striker has had a breakout season for Philadelphia, sharing the lead with ten goals in this year’s Golden Boot race. McInerney also has the honor of being the Union’s first active player to be called up to the senior USMNT squad.
While the final roster hasn’t officially dropped yet, PSL can confirm that McInerney will be joined by the likes of Landon Donovan and Jose Torres.
Despite riding the bench for the first half of the 2012 season under former head coach Peter Nowak, McInerney was immediately placed back in the lineup upon John Hackworth’s takeover of the team, and the choice payed in dividends. The young forward would finish the season with eight goals and 25 appearances.
Fast forward to 2013 and already, McInerney has surpassed last year’s eight goals with his current ten. He’s started every match but the home opener for Hackworth so far this season, and with his knack for goals, caught the eye of US Soccer scouts early on.
It’s hard to say how McInerney will be used in the Gold Cup, whether as a starter or a bench player, but it’s almost a positive that he’ll make his first cap during the tournament. Stay tuned to The Soccer Desk for more information on this years Gold Cup, including a full roster breakdown once it’s released.