- Wichita St. pounds Missouri St. to reach 33-0
- No. 1 UConn trounces Cincy in AAC quarters
- WVU overcomes Wiggins’ 41 to stun Kansas
- Smart move? Iowa St. fans tease star, ‘flop’
- Stanford’s Shaw opposed to early signing day
- L’ville clinches share of AAC title with blowout
- Kentucky downs S. Carolina to reach SEC final
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- McDermott among Wooden Award finalists
- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
Eagles To Interview Jay Gruden
- Updated: January 9, 2013
The Philadelphia Eagles received permission to interview Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden (brother of Jon Gruden) for their head coaching position. Jay has just finished his second season with the Bengals. He previously served as an offensive assistant on his brother’s staff in Tampa Bay from 2002-08.
Jay is also a decorated player and coach in Arena Football League history, winning four ArenaBowls as a player and two more as a head coach. On January 13, 2012, Gruden signed a three-year extension with the Cincinnati Bengals as their offensive coordinator,even after being asked to interview for at least three head coaching jobs (The Jacksonville Jaguars, St. Louis Rams, and later turned down the Indianapolis Colts, signing his extension shortly afterwards.
The Eagles reportedly requested permission to interview Gruden over the weekend and have finally been granted the opportunity, according to Les Bowen. The Eagles confirmed the report. Gruden is also reportedly set to interview with the Arizona Cardinals for their head coaching vacancy.
The Eagles are also scheduled to meet with Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians and Seattle Seahawks defensive coordinator Gus Bradley later this week.