- Former Clemson coach Bill Foster dies at 79
- Report: Sam Bradford not taking part in Eagles’ drills
- McIlroy in danger of missing Irish Open cut
- French woes continue as No. 5 Wozniacki falls
- Sixers Return To Albany's Times Union Center For Preseason Game Against Division Rival Brooklyn On Saturday, October 10
Kansas City to Host 2013 MLS All-Star Game
- Updated: January 9, 2013
The location of the 2013 MLS Allstar Game was released tonight by Ticketmaster, more than 12 hours before the full MLS Schedule was to be announced by the league.
According to a listing on the online ticket seller’s website, the game will be played at Livestrong Sporting Park, home of Sporting Kansas City, on July 31. The opponent was not listed, but MLS Commissioner Don Garber will be quoted tomorrow as saying he hopes to announce the opponent in the next 60 to 90 days.
The selection of Kansas City to host Major League Soccer’s premiere event had been expected for some time. The venue lost out on the 2012 match to PPL Park, where The MLS All-Stars defeated European Champions Chelsea 3-2 on a stoppage time goal by US International and GAM Eddie Johnson.
Livestrong has hosted several major soccer events since opening in the summer of 2011, including two US National Team matches, the Finals of CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying and Several Women’s National Team matches. It is favored to get a Hex match as well.
Stick with Philly Sports Live for all your MLS & USMNT coverage.
(Photo courtesy of ESPN)