- Gators’ Donovan harps on quick turnaround
- Future Blue Devils highlight Jordan game rosters
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- UConn, Irish stay top 2 in AP women’s poll
- Self ‘confident’ Embiid will play despite back
- Ejim chosen over Wiggins as Big 12′s POY
- SOG: 2014 Algarve Cup USWNT v Sweden 03/07/2014
- Cuse closes regular season with rout of FSU
- TSD Podcast Episode 57: No New Jersey
- No. 2 ND routs No. 10 Duke, earns ACC title
La Salle beats Penn State 82-57 behind Tyreek Duren
- Updated: December 7, 2012
Wednesday, December 5 — LaSalle hosted Penn State at the Palestra. This was the third all time meeting between La Salle and Penn State. LaSalle defeated Penn State in the 1954 Final Four March Madness Tournament.
Penn State Opened the game and early on, both teams tried to figure out each other. La mSalle had an early lead, but Penn State made their move when Jermaine Marshall got a basket and picked up a Foul. He completed the 3 point play and tied the game at 16 with 13:15 left first half. La Salle was shooting a lot of three pointers in the 1st half and at one point, La Salle was 8/14 from three point range in the first half. Late in the first, La Salle’s Ramon Galloway picked up his third foul, and gave La Salle a 36-30 lead with 1:33 left. La Salle took a 38-34 lead into half time.
La Salle’s Tyreek Duren took over in the second half and was immediately a factor. He made a basket and was also fouled, completing the three point play. La Salle led 59-46 with 8:48 left. On the next trip down the floor, Duren was fouled again after making a basket. La Salle was still up 63-46 with 7:52 left in the second half. The final score would be 82-59 in favor of La Salle. After the game was over, I asked Patrick Chambers about the technical foul and he said, “I was trying to inspire the team, nothing against the referees.” La Salle would hold on to a 82-59 win over Penn State. La Salle’s Tyreek Duren finished with 29 points on the night. La Salle’s 5-1 start is the best they have had since the 2005-06 team that started 7-0.
La Salle Next game is December 8 at 7 PM at Northeastern.
Questions I asked La Salle Head Coach Dr John Giannini Post Game vs Penn State:
Halftime at Palestra:
La Salle Head Coach Dr John Giannini Post Game:
Opening Tip of Game: