- Late Magic Wins Series for the PhilliesPosted 7 mins ago
- Phillies Week 7 In ReviewPosted 7 mins ago
- Union Tough Out Second Straight Win Against FirePosted 1 day ago
- Match Preview: Philadelphia Union vs. Chicago Fire, IIPosted 3 days ago
- Donovan, Galaxy Embarrass Union 4-1Posted 4 days ago
- BREAKING: Union Trade Gabriel Farfan to Chivas USAPosted 6 days ago
- McNabb to Retire as an EaglePosted 6 days ago
- Phillies Week 6 in ReviewPosted 7 days ago
- Desert StormPosted 7 days ago
- Zac MacMath Leads Union to 1-0 Win Over FirePosted 9 days ago
La Salle knocks off Boise State, advances in Tournament
- Updated: March 21, 2013
It was a notable moment for the 13th-seeded La Salle Explorers (22-9), who hadn’t even been in the tournament for 21 years. Now, they head to Kansas City to play fourth-seeded Kansas State on Friday. The Explorers wrapped up the NCAA tournament’s First Four by getting the better of an old-fashioned shootout, beating Boise State 80-71 on Wednesday night.
Coach, Jon Giannini led the Explorers to back-to-back 20-win seasons for the first time since 1988-90. His first coaching appearance in the NCAA tournament completed the rebuilding.
Ramon Galloway, one of the Atlantic 10′s top scorers, added 21 points in a fast-paced offense that did pretty much whatever it wanted. The Explorers shot a season-high 63 percent from the field — 16 of 22 in the second half.