- Week 3 In Review
- Phillies Offense Continue to Struggle
- Phillies Lose, But You Got to Love that Cliff Lee
- Two Old Favorites Off to Good Starts
- Utley Wins It Late for Phillies
- Ghost Town
- Rollins Dinger Saved the Day in Extras
- Week 2 In Review
- Phillies Beat Up a Cy Young Front Runner
- Here’s to a 500 season!
La Salle knocks off Boise State, advances in Tournament
- Updated: March 21, 2013
It was a notable moment for the 13th-seeded La Salle Explorers (22-9), who hadn’t even been in the tournament for 21 years. Now, they head to Kansas City to play fourth-seeded Kansas State on Friday. The Explorers wrapped up the NCAA tournament’s First Four by getting the better of an old-fashioned shootout, beating Boise State 80-71 on Wednesday night.
Coach, Jon Giannini led the Explorers to back-to-back 20-win seasons for the first time since 1988-90. His first coaching appearance in the NCAA tournament completed the rebuilding.
Ramon Galloway, one of the Atlantic 10′s top scorers, added 21 points in a fast-paced offense that did pretty much whatever it wanted. The Explorers shot a season-high 63 percent from the field — 16 of 22 in the second half.