- STL United FC Soccer Saturday 3/8/14
- IUPUI fires coach Howard after three seasons
- Match of the Week: Sounders Win Thriller in MLS Opener
- USC upends No. 4 Stanford in Pac-12 semis
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- Duke’s late free throws cap rally past UNC
- E. Kentucky upends Belmont for NCAA bid
- Parker’s career-high 30 lead Duke by UNC
- No. 10 SDSU finishes 16-point rally vs. UNM
La Salle knocks off Boise State, advances in Tournament
- Updated: March 21, 2013
It was a notable moment for the 13th-seeded La Salle Explorers (22-9), who hadn’t even been in the tournament for 21 years. Now, they head to Kansas City to play fourth-seeded Kansas State on Friday. The Explorers wrapped up the NCAA tournament’s First Four by getting the better of an old-fashioned shootout, beating Boise State 80-71 on Wednesday night.
Coach, Jon Giannini led the Explorers to back-to-back 20-win seasons for the first time since 1988-90. His first coaching appearance in the NCAA tournament completed the rebuilding.
Ramon Galloway, one of the Atlantic 10′s top scorers, added 21 points in a fast-paced offense that did pretty much whatever it wanted. The Explorers shot a season-high 63 percent from the field — 16 of 22 in the second half.