- Michael Phelps Not planning a comeback for the 2016 summer gamesPosted 2 days ago
- Late Magic Wins Series for the PhilliesPosted 2 days ago
- Phillies Week 7 In ReviewPosted 2 days ago
- Union Tough Out Second Straight Win Against FirePosted 3 days ago
- Match Preview: Philadelphia Union vs. Chicago Fire, IIPosted 4 days ago
- Donovan, Galaxy Embarrass Union 4-1Posted 6 days ago
- BREAKING: Union Trade Gabriel Farfan to Chivas USAPosted 7 days ago
- McNabb to Retire as an EaglePosted 8 days ago
- Phillies Week 6 in ReviewPosted 9 days ago
- Desert StormPosted 9 days ago
Larry Johnson Charged With Felony Domestic Violence
- Updated: October 11, 2012
Former NFL star Larry Johnson has been charged with felony domestic violence after allegedly strangling an ex-gf in Vegas last week. According to the Clark County D.A., Larry was charged with one count of felony domestic battery stemming from the incident.
The alleged victim, a woman claiming to be Johnson’s ex-girlfriend (he says she’s an old acquaintance), told police that Johnson choked her into unconsciousness and left her in the her underwear in the hallway of the Bellagio. According to the police report obtained by TMZ, the woman said she and Johnson went back to his room after a night of partying, when Johnson became enraged after they started talking about his daughter. The woman claims that’s when Johnson began to “beat her and throw her around the room” before strangling her.
Johnson’s version of events paints a different picture.
Johnson told TMZ that the woman wouldn’t leave his hotel room, and when he tried to remove her she kicked and slapped him. He claims that when he got her outside the room, she tried to kick down the door — which he feels should be seen on hotel security cameras, meaning that she could’ve never been close to unconscious.
He faces a max of 5 years in prison and a $15,000 fine. 32-year-old Johnson, who once signed a $45 million contract with the Kansas City Chiefs, was arrested last week for the alleged attack inside the Bellagio hotel, when he allegedly chocked his girlfriend until she was unconscious.