- Reuben Amaro: Hamels, Lee rumors are “Silly”
- Eagles Squeak Out Another Win
- Eagles Hold Off Surging Skins
- Preview Eagles vs. Redskins game
- Paint It, Black: Pregaming USA v NZ Maori All-Blacks
- Maori All Blacks: Rugby Warriors
- World Series Game One
- Eagles Future
- Who’s It Going To Be?
- Wired 96.5 JP Podcast: WWE Superstar Curtis Axel
Lianne Sanderson to Join the Boston Breakers
- Updated: February 5, 2013
“I am extremely excited to join such a massive organization,” Sanderson said. “It is important for me to play for a team that I believe is implementing the right things: professionalism and a strong fan base to go with their roster.”
During her career with England, Sanderson scored eight goals in 29 appearances. She played in the 2007 FIFA Women’s World Cup, helping to lead England to the semifinals. While at Arsenal, Sanderson enjoyed a tremendous career, which spanned more than a decade. She led Arsenal with 48 goals in 41 games in 2006/07, the season in which the team won the quadruple (Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, and UEFA Cup). One year later, Sanderson scored a career-high and astounding 52 goals in 31 appearances for Arsenal.
“She’s an experienced veteran, she’s versatile, and attack-minded player. She’ll score goals for us,” Breakers Head Coach Lisa Cole said. “She also has great leadership and charisma on and off the field. I’m excited we got her.”
In 2012, Sanderson played for DC United in the USL W-League after a successful season with Spanish SuperLiga side RCD Espanyol.