- Stanford hires Texas’ Akina as secondary coach
- Saint Louis captures 2nd straight A-10 title
- USC holds off Oregon St. for 1st Pac-12 title
- Nebraska upsets ninth-ranked Wisconsin
- Albany stuns Vermont in America East semis
- No. 2 ND routs No. 10 Duke, earns ACC title
- DePaul routs Georgetown in Big East quarters
- Kansas St. fires Patterson after 11-19 season
- Winthrop earns school’s first Big South title
- Ohio St. pulls away late, edges Michigan St.
Penn Defeats Harvard 75-72
- Updated: March 3, 2013
Philadelphia, PA -On Saturday March 2nd from the Cathedral of College Basketball the Palestra, The Penn Quakers took on Harvard Crimson in IVY League action. Penn came into the game off a loss to Dartmouth on March 1st, while Harvard came into the game off a Loss to Princeton on March 1st. The Game was broadcasted Nationally on NBC Sports Network. Harvard started the game with the ball and committed a shot clock violation, The first points of the game went to Penn’s Darien Nelson Henry for two points. The first points for harvard came from Kenyatta Smith Making 1 of 2 from the foul Line. Penn’s Tony Hicks had the hot hand in the first half for Penn as they took a 38-26 lead into halftime.
First Half Stats:
leading Scorer for Harvard was Wasley Saunders with 15 Points, for Penn, it was Tony Hicks with 16 points.
Harvard started with the ball to begin the second half and the last five minutes game were the best. Harvard made a strong comeback to get within three points. Both teams traded baskets, but Penn would hold on to a 75-72 win over Harvard infront of 5,267 at the Palestra.
Penn: Tony Hicks finshed with 24 Points, 4 rebounds, 4-6 from Foul line, 2-3 from 3 Pt range
Harvard: Wesley Saunders finsihed with 20 Points, 6 rebounds, 10-12 from Foul line,
Penn Head coach Jerome Allen:
Penn Guard Tony Hicks:
Penn post game press conference:
Harvard post game press conference: