- Marist wins 9th straight MAAC championship
- Capel’s contract not renewed at Appalachian St.
- Players support South Carolina coach Martin
- Gators’ Donovan harps on quick turnaround
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Future Blue Devils highlight Jordan game rosters
- UConn, Irish stay top 2 in AP women’s poll
- Self ‘confident’ Embiid will play despite back
- Ejim chosen over Wiggins as Big 12′s POY
- SOG: 2014 Algarve Cup USWNT v Sweden 03/07/2014
Philadelphia Flyers ground the Winnipeg Jets
- Updated: February 24, 2013
Philadelphia, PA (2/23/2013) – Brayden Schenn led the Flyers to a 5-3 comeback over Winnipeg Jets with 2 goals, an assist and 3 hits in 13 minutes of ice time.
In total Brayden Schenn scored twice, Giroux, Simmonds and Rinaldo (empty net) scored for the Flyers. Bryzgalov stopped 26 shots, seven while short-handed.
Flyers coach Peter Laviolette on getting to .500, “I don’t know if it is getting back to .500. You have to be so many games over .500 in order to make the playoffs and get a chance to compete for the Cup. So we need to get there at some point and it’s good to be home here with some games and get some rest, like we do today and tomorrow, and use that to our advantage.”