- Union Tough Out Second Straight Win Against FirePosted 18 hours ago
- Match Preview: Philadelphia Union vs. Chicago Fire, IIPosted 2 days ago
- Donovan, Galaxy Embarrass Union 4-1Posted 3 days ago
- BREAKING: Union Trade Gabriel Farfan to Chivas USAPosted 5 days ago
- McNabb to Retire as an EaglePosted 5 days ago
- Phillies Week 6 in ReviewPosted 7 days ago
- Desert StormPosted 7 days ago
- Zac MacMath Leads Union to 1-0 Win Over FirePosted 8 days ago
- Match Preview: Philadelphia Union vs. Chicago FirePosted 9 days ago
- Felix Jones visits Philadelphia Eagles for a workoutPosted 11 days ago
Philadelphia Soul Continue to Make Moves
- Updated: November 10, 2012
The Soul had there biggest day of the off-season yesterday bringing in 4 new faces and returning one 2012 piece. Christian Johnson is the returning piece, the offensive lineman signed a deal with years to be announced marking his 3rd season with head coach Clint Dolezel. The 6-4 330 pound giant is the first of the offensive line that only allowed 5 sacks to be back. No statements have been released but I’m guessing Dan Raudabaugh had a smile on his face when he heard that. If we think this one through (I’ve had these past few days off of school so I haven’t done to much of that) this could be a big help to the soul if there trying to get Zipp Duncan. Zipp and Christian both went to the University of Kentucky, both played with Dallas in 2011 and the Soul in 2012, and both are on the offensive line. He is obviously a key signing for the Soul to get back to the Arena Bowl.
While Christian was a big resigning likely the biggest arrival of the day was Jackie Chambers. Jackie spent his 2012 year with the now defunct Kansas City Command as a wide receiver/ kick returner. It looks like he will be the replacement of Jeff Hughley who signed a 3 year deal with Jacksonville earlier this week. They even wear the same number (#3.) The years are still pending on this deal. Jackie should have no problem fitting in because 3 more new players signed as well today.
Three rookie free agents found a championship contending home on this cold November day, and will need to impress in camp to make that 24 man roster. The three players to sign are MLB Calvin France, DB Jeff Hodges, and WR Tyrone Collins. Tyrone is the Souls 3rd Wide Reciver signing for the 2013 year witch leaves a question for Tiger Jones, Larry Brackins etc. Jeff is the first DB to lock it down with the Soul and Calvin France has to look up at Joe Goosby on the depth chart. These 3 are un tested in the Arena Football league and are lucky they will have such great players near them. Tyrone has Donovan Morgan an all time great, Calvin has the Souls defensive leader Joe Goosby and Jeff will likely get someone good considering Kent Richardson and Rayshaun Kizer are still available. All three contracts years are pending. Lets see if the Soul can match what they did today tomorrow!