- Cuse closes regular season with rout of FSU
- UConn crushes Rutgers to reach AAC final
- Fordham tops Dayton to capture A-10 title
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Coastal Carolina ends 21-year NCAA drought
- Ejim chosen over Wiggins as Big 12′s POY
- Championship Roundup: Burnley Earn First Blackburn Win Since 1979
- FA Cup Recap: Wigan Stun City, Gunners Top Toffees
- STL United FC Soccer Saturday 3/8/14
- IUPUI fires coach Howard after three seasons
Philadelphia Wings Sign Seven Players for 2013
- Updated: December 4, 2012
Philadelphia, Pa -The Philadelphia Wings of the National Lacrosse League (NLL) have signed veteran Brett Manney, draft pick Mike Manley, forwards Ned Crotty, Eric Lusby and Colin Hall, defender Tom Guadagnolo, and goalie Jake Lazore to one-year contracts for the 2013 season.
Manney, a former Delaware Blue Hen and Philadelphia local, enters his fifth season in the league and third with the Wings. The local product, finished the 2012 season with 41 loose balls and 15 forced turnovers and has developed into a mainstay for the Wings defense.
The Wings first pick in this summers NLL Entry Draft, Manley was an All-American at Duke last season. The defenseman helped lead the Blue Devils to a 15-5 record, forcing 27 turnovers and recovering 52 loose balls.
Left-handed forward Crotty scored 14 points in only eight games, assisting on 12 goals and scoring two times last season. The former All-American and Tewaaraton Trophy winner (award for most outstanding college lacrosse player), from Duke showed his scrappiness, scooping 31 loose balls in 2012.
Lusby, a member of Loyola Maryland’s 2012 NCAA National Championship squad, scored four goals in the Greyhounds 9-3 win over rival Maryland in the final game. The Severna Park, MD native set an NCAA record for most goals in the tournament, with 17 over a four game span.
Guadagnolo captained the Syracuse Orangemen to a National Championship in 2008 and 2009. The 5’11” transition player looks to add depth to the Wings roster in 2013.
The Philadelphia Wings will open the 2013 season at home against the Buffalo Bandits at Wells Fargo Center on Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7 p.m.
(via Philadelphia Wings)
Photo via Philadelphia Wings