- Michael Phelps Not planning a comeback for the 2016 summer gamesPosted 1 day ago
- Late Magic Wins Series for the PhilliesPosted 1 day ago
- Phillies Week 7 In ReviewPosted 1 day ago
- Union Tough Out Second Straight Win Against FirePosted 3 days ago
- Match Preview: Philadelphia Union vs. Chicago Fire, IIPosted 4 days ago
- Donovan, Galaxy Embarrass Union 4-1Posted 5 days ago
- BREAKING: Union Trade Gabriel Farfan to Chivas USAPosted 7 days ago
- McNabb to Retire as an EaglePosted 7 days ago
- Phillies Week 6 in ReviewPosted 9 days ago
- Desert StormPosted 9 days ago
Philadelphia Wings Taking Collections for U.S. Naval Battalion 133
- Updated: January 25, 2013
via Philadelphia Wings
The Philadelphia Wings of the National Lacrosse League (NLL) are encouraging fans attending their game against the Calgary Roughnecks at the Wells Fargo Center on Sunday, January 27th (4 p.m.) to bring non-perishable food items and supplies for the Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 133 and avid Wings fan, Matt Kicinski, who is currently stationed in Afghanistan.
Fans are encouraged to bring non-perishable microwaveable meals and toiletry items, such as shampoo, razors, body wash, shave cream (in a tube) as donations for the servicemen. Donations of snack food items for the battalion are appreciated, as well.
Additionally, the Wings will be auctioning off players’ custom-made camouflage jerseys in the Cure Club at the Wells Fargo Center after Sunday’s game. All proceeds from the auction will benefit The Wounded Warrior Project.
The Wounded Warrior Project’s mission is, “to honor and empower wounded warriors” and exists to raise awareness and enlist the public’s aid for the needs of injured service members, to help injured service members aid and assist each other and to provide unique, direct programs and services to meet the needs of injured service members.
photo via U.S. Navy