- Bakary Soumaré Traded to FirePosted 9 hours ago
- Michael Phelps Not planning a comeback for the 2016 summer gamesPosted 4 days ago
- Late Magic Wins Series for the PhilliesPosted 4 days ago
- Phillies Week 7 In ReviewPosted 4 days ago
- Union Tough Out Second Straight Win Against FirePosted 5 days ago
- Match Preview: Philadelphia Union vs. Chicago Fire, IIPosted 7 days ago
- Donovan, Galaxy Embarrass Union 4-1Posted 8 days ago
- BREAKING: Union Trade Gabriel Farfan to Chivas USAPosted 9 days ago
- McNabb to Retire as an EaglePosted 10 days ago
- Phillies Week 6 in ReviewPosted 11 days ago
Phillies: Fat Joe Blanton Complete Shutout
- Updated: May 4, 2012
Joe Blanton pitched a three-hitter for his first shutout in five years and Shane Victorino hit a two-run homer to lead the Philadelphia Phillies to a 4-0 victory over the Atlanta Braves on Thursday.
Blanton (3-3) did not walk a batter and had six strikeouts in his third career shutout, his first since June 2, 2007 for Oakland against Minnesota.
The Braves’ only hits were singles by Freddie Freeman in the first, David Ross in the fifth and Michael Bourn in the ninth. Martin Prado then lined out into a double play to end the game.