- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
- No. 13 UNC tops No. 8 Terps in ACC tourney
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Winthrop upsets High Point with last-second 3
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- Cottage Talk: Match Preview (Fulham vs. Cardiff City)
- MLS Kit Week Review Spectacular! Part 2
- Ohio St. upsets No. 11 Penn St. in quarterfinals
- No. 2 Notre Dame cruises past Florida State
Ravens Lost Lombardi Trophy After Super Bowl Victory
- Updated: February 5, 2013
Ravens coach John Harbaugh revealed during Monday’s news conference that the Lombardi Trophy was misplaced in the craziness of the postgame celebration.”We hadn’t seen this (trophy) since last night,”
Harbaugh said. “We thought we lost it.”
Harbaugh went on to thank whoever returned the Super Bowl XLVII showpiece.
While there’s no word on the events that led to the temporary disappearance, there is one noteworthy addendum to the story. Whereas CBS filmed coach Jim Harbaugh’s 49ers holding the trophy as part of Sunday’s television production, the Ravens refused to participate.
“You don’t earn the right to even think about it until you’re the one true champion,” explained John Harbaugh.
← Previous Story 2014 Super Bowl Odds