- Friday's Sports In Brief (The Associated Press)
- Homers continue to be problem for Phillies’ pitchers
- World junior-winning coach Benoit Groulx leaving Gatineau Olympiques — report (Buzzing The Net)
- Haddonfield’s DePersia brothers to play at Rowan
- Narducci: Gloucester Catholic’s Mondile a big game pitcher
Saeid Mohammadpourkarkaragh the Longest Olympics Name?
- Updated: August 7, 2012
What is the longest name in the Olympics?
I have no clue but Saeid Mohammadpourkarkaragh is definitely a competitor in this category! There are almost 10,000 athletes at the Games and scanning through the rosters on the official website isn’t an easy task.
Saeid Mohammadpourkarkaragh has 21 letters, can you try sating his name 10 times fast? Shit, I cant even say this name once, what kind of name is this? There are 17 more letters in his last name than in the name of his home country.
Well one thing is for sure his name is not longer then the all-ime longest olympic name: which belongs to Max Emanuel Maria Alexander Vicot Bruno de la Santisima Trinidad y Todos los Santos von Hohenlohe Langenburg, a skier from the 1956 Winter Games. Can you imagine putting that on a jersey?