- Creighton’s McDermott surpasses 3,000 pts
- New Orleans ends season 0-29, tying record
- Huskers drub Spartans in Big Ten semifinals
- Michigan uses late 3-pointer to dash Indiana
- Irish rout NC State in ACC semis; now 31-0
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
- Coin flip gives Cincy top seed in AAC tourney
- Vols rip Mizzou to boost NCAA tourney hopes
- L’ville clinches share of AAC title with blowout
Union’s Jack McInerney Named MLS Player of the Week
- Updated: April 22, 2013
Philadelphia Union striker Jack McInerney was awarded MLS Player of the Week honors for his strong performance against DC United this past Sunday. McInerney had a brace (two goals) on the day, picking up his first goal in the 7th which is up for MLS Goal of the Week (WATCH) and his second to give the Union a 2 goal advantage, in the 26th (WATCH). With those two goals, the young striker leads the MLS golden boot race early in the season with six goals.
McInerney, along with being named Player of the Week, is also up for nomination in MLS’ top three performers, along with teammate Conor Casey. With a match against New England coming up this Saturday, McInerney will look to keep up his scoring ways, having told the media that winning the golden boot this season is definitely in the back of his mind. Union vs. New England is this Saturday at 7:30 p.m. ET on The Comcast Network.