- SOG: 2014 Algarve Cup USWNT v Sweden 03/07/2014
- Cuse closes regular season with rout of FSU
- TSD Podcast Episode 57: No New Jersey
- No. 2 ND routs No. 10 Duke, earns ACC title
- USC holds off Oregon St. for 1st Pac-12 title
- Stanford hires Texas’ Akina as secondary coach
- Saint Louis captures 2nd straight A-10 title
- Nebraska upsets ninth-ranked Wisconsin
- DePaul routs Georgetown in Big East quarters
- Albany stuns Vermont in America East semis
Broncos’ Von Miller Suspended for NFL Policy Violation
- Updated: August 20, 2013
The Denver Broncos’ Von Miller released a statement through the NFL Players’ Association admitted to having used a diluted sample during the NFL’s drug screening process.
Von Miller’s statement: “The substance abuse policy requires everyone to comply with the rules. Although my suspension did not result from a positive test, there is no excuse for my violation of the rules. I will not make the same mistakes about adhering to the policy in the future. During my time off the field I will work tirelessly, and focus on remaining in peak shape. I look forward to contributing immediately upon my return to the field, and bringing a championship back to the people of Denver.”
The NFL has yet to issue a statement. Miller will likely be suspended six games.
Von Miller finished second in the defensive player of the year voting a season ago. The Bronco’s best pass rusher finished with 18 1/2 sacks in 2012.
Miller’s pressence and performance will be sorely missed. It will be very interesting to see whether the Broncos defense will hold up any of Peyton Manning’s fouth quarter leads without their defense’s number one weapon in the early part of the 2013 NFL season .