- Union Tough Out Second Straight Win Against FirePosted 1 day ago
- Match Preview: Philadelphia Union vs. Chicago Fire, IIPosted 2 days ago
- Donovan, Galaxy Embarrass Union 4-1Posted 4 days ago
- BREAKING: Union Trade Gabriel Farfan to Chivas USAPosted 5 days ago
- McNabb to Retire as an EaglePosted 6 days ago
- Phillies Week 6 in ReviewPosted 7 days ago
- Desert StormPosted 7 days ago
- Zac MacMath Leads Union to 1-0 Win Over FirePosted 8 days ago
- Match Preview: Philadelphia Union vs. Chicago FirePosted 9 days ago
- Felix Jones visits Philadelphia Eagles for a workoutPosted 12 days ago
Yank Frittes: US / Belgium Friendly Rumored
- Updated: January 31, 2013
The traveling show that is the US Soccer Centennial has scheduled a stop on the banks of the Cuyahoga, according to mustachioed reports out of the Low Countries.
The Yanks will reportedly face Belgium in Cleveland on May 29th. This would mark the second meeting between the two countries in the last two years. The Red Devils took out the Americans in Brussels 1-0 in September of 2011.
Rumors of the match first surfaced Wednesday afternoon in a tweet by US International Sacha Kjlestan, currently the 10 for perennial Champions League entrant Anderlect. According to Kjlestan, the Belgian media is reporting the friendly as a fait accompli.
If true, the friendly would join an already busy USMNT schedule. In addition to the Hexagonal Round of World Cup Qualifying and the Gold Cup, the US already has two other friendlies tentatively scheduled for late May and early June against Thailand and a Centennial Match in Washington DC against Germany on June 2nd.
The match would also mark the Yanks’ return to Cleveland for the first time since the World Cup send off series in 2006. With the years’ marquee match, the hex clash with Mexico, expected to be held in Columbus, this could be a busy soccer year for Ohio.
Stick with Philly Sports Live for your rumors sourced to midfielders who wear berets, and all your soccer news.