- PSL Five: Previewing Union vs. ImpactPosted 13 hours ago
- Bakary Soumaré Traded to FirePosted 1 day ago
- Michael Phelps Not planning a comeback for the 2016 summer gamesPosted 5 days ago
- Late Magic Wins Series for the PhilliesPosted 5 days ago
- Phillies Week 7 In ReviewPosted 5 days ago
- Union Tough Out Second Straight Win Against FirePosted 6 days ago
- Match Preview: Philadelphia Union vs. Chicago Fire, IIPosted 8 days ago
- Donovan, Galaxy Embarrass Union 4-1Posted 9 days ago
- BREAKING: Union Trade Gabriel Farfan to Chivas USAPosted 10 days ago
- McNabb to Retire as an EaglePosted 11 days ago
Drexel Men’s Soccer Head to NCAA Tournament
- Updated: November 13, 2012
Philadelphia, PA – Drexel University men’s soccer team run will continue into the NCAA playoffs as the Dragon’s earned an at-large bid to the 48-team tournament. Drexel will host Brown University at 4 p.m. this Thursday at Vidas Field in a first-round match. This will mark the first meeting between the schools’ men’s soccer teams. Drexel (12-3-3) is making its first NCAA Tournament appearance since 1972 after capturing the CAA regular-season title.
Brown finished third in the Ivy League this season and hopes to end Drexel’s eight game unbeaten streak which saw the Dragons win six games and draw two. During this run Drexel posted five clean sheets.
The winner of this match will face #2 seeded Maryland (17-1-2) a team that is a favorite to win the whole tournament. Northeastern and Old Dominion also made the tournament marking the fifth time in the last nine years that the CAA has had three or more teams in the NCAA Tournament field.
Northeastern (13-2-4) will host Boston College in a first-round match on Thursday, November 12 at 6 p.m. The Huskies are making their second appearance in the NCAA Tournament and first since 2002. NU, which has already matched its school record for wins in a season, brings a 15-match home unbeaten streak (14-0-1) into the contest.
Old Dominion (11-3-2) will entertain UMBC in a first-round match at 7 p.m. on Thursday. The Monarchs are making their third straight trip to the NCAA Tournament and their ninth appearance in the last 11 years. ODU has a 3-1 record this season against teams in the NCAA field.
(info via CAA and NCAA)